Natural Cure for Dry Mouth at Night
What is Dry Mouth?
A dry mouth is an oral sensation caused by a lack of saliva. When a person doesn’t have enough saliva, their mouth can become dry and uncomfortable.
Symptoms of Dry Mouth:
If you are experiencing dry mouth, the following signs may alarm you to become conscious about your oral health. Dry mouth can cause:
- Frequent Waking From Thirst
- Sore Throats in the Morning
- Dry Lips
- Dry and Scratchy Throat
- Bad Breath
- Thick Saliva Buildup in the Morning
- Tooth Decay
Why Do I Get Dry at Night?
Following are the causes that lead your mouth to dry:
- If you breathe from the mouth at night, you can have a dry mouth because the oxygen does not go as deep into the lungs.
- If you are dehydrated, this can cause your mouth to become dry and uncomfortable. Dehydration can cause illness or fever.
- Few medicines have side effects that also cause dry mouth, such as
- If your room lacks humidity in the air-conditioned environment then you can suffer dry mouth.
- Excessive use of sugar-containing products can cause your salivary glands to produce less saliva, thus leaving your mouth to dry.
- If you have sleep apnea or other respiratory problems, this can cause your night airways to become dry and restricted, which is how some people breathe during the day.
- Allergies can lead to dry mouth as dust is a common allergen found in the bedroom or office environments.
- The cold or flu can also cause congestion which forces you to breathe through your mouth. Adults, if your congestion lingers for ten days without improving, speak with your doctor as it may be time for further investigation.
How to Prevent Dry Mouth at Night Time via Home Remedies?
If you suffer from a dry mouth, then you can understand the frustration. It can be managed by following home remedies such as:
Chew on Sugar-Free Gum or Candies:
The salivary flow can be stimulated by eating sugar-free gums. Doctors recommend avoiding sugar-containing products because of their association with tooth decay, but the risks are particularly high when combined with a dry mouth. Click Here To Know More About dry mouth treatment
Dehydration causes dryness in the mouth, and it also worsens symptoms. Doctors recommend drinking eight glasses of water a day to stay hydrated and prevent dry mouth—water or other healthy drink options throughout the day to avoid dehydration.
Use Alcohol-free Mouthwashes:
Use alcohol-free mouthwashes as these can cause dry mouth. Some mouthwashes contain alcohol in them, which can dry out the mouth, even though their active ingredients may be different.
Medical Treatments For Dry Mouth At Night
If the problem continues despite home remedies or is severe enough to impact the quality of life, talk to your doctor about treating it medically.
The Goals of Dry Mouth Treatment are:
- Take care of any underlying condition causing your dry mouths, such as dehydration or medications.
- Prevent tooth decay and plaque formation by drinking water, probiotics, and using humidifiers.
- Increase saliva in your oral cavity by drinking plenty of water throughout the day and eating salty foods at mealtimes.
For your dry mouth, your healthcare provider may prescribe:
Cevimeline is the only drug approved by the FDA to treat dry mouth in people with Sjogren’s syndrome.
Pilocarpine increases your natural saliva production and will remedy dry mouth at night.
Immediate Ways To Avoid Dry Mouth At Night
Breathe through your nose than your mouth.
Mist your oral cavity with water before bedtime to help keep saliva production going throughout the night.
Avoid the use of tobacco.
Avoid the consumption of caffeine or alcohol at night.
Do not eat foods with high acidity or spiciness at night.
Avoid eating too late at night because this can lead to a dry mouth.
Over time, low drinking amounts of water may lead to having a dry mouth. Drink a maximum of water and ensure you stay hydrated to avoid this problem
Try a nasal spray, nasal strips,and menthol rub before bedtime to keep your nose moist:
Make sure you are taking care of your mouth and teeth by brushing thoroughly and using dental floss.
Dry mouth is very common nowadays that makes you feel like your mouth requires a drink. That’s why we created Dry Mouth Pro, the only oral rinse on the market formulated with a moisturizing system to soothe and lubricate dry mouths. It provides immediate relief to dry mouth symptoms and help in maintain a pH balance in the mouth.
You deserve to have an enjoyable experience when it comes to your oral care routine – not just relief from symptoms. With our alcohol-free and sugar-free mouthwash, you can enjoy fresh breath without sacrificing moisture or flavor.